Fennel is a vegetable people either adore or have no idea what to do with it. It can be eaten raw or cooked and has an anise flavor. This is a simple recipe from Simply In Season.
- 1/4 large head cabbage, shredded
- 1 bulb fennel, cut in quarters, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/4 onion, thinly sliced
Toss together in a large bowl.
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 1/2 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 T. honey
- 1 T. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 T. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 t. fennel seeds (optional)
Whisk together in a small bowl. Pour dressing over vegetables. Toss until well coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.