My Aunt Kathy has a CSA from a farm in Massachusetts and made this recipe for my family when they visited them a few weeks ago. My mom came home raving about it and told me I must put it up! She made one version with brown rice and it was wonderful, but I only imagine the wild rice takes it up a notch.
- 2 cups or so of cooked wild rice blend. (I cook it with bullion in the water and add a Tbs. of butter)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup crasins (I chop them up a bit )
- 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds - the green ones (wait to add till you are about ready to serve)
- 8-10 kale leaves chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbs honey
- 4 cloves of crushed garlic
- salt to taste
I massage the chopped kale leaves with some dressing before I mix the rice in with it. Also, I don’t use all the dressing, start with half and add more if you want.