This is an easy dish to make. I like it by itself as a side but I LOVE it on tacos. For lunch today we had burritos made out of left over cous cous mixed with black beans and this slaw piled on top of it. Oh, and don't forget the salsa verde!
For the Slaw:
- Chinese Cabbage or Cabbage, whole or half of a head
- Scallion tops (the green section, although the white portion can be used too)
- Dill or Cilantro (or both!), half a bunch
- Optional Addition: a few radishes, thinly sliced
For the Dressing (half is using a half head of cabbage):
- 1/4 cup vinegar, we prefer rice or apple cider but any do
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1 t. celery seed
- 1/2 t. ground caraway
- salt to taste (1 t. to start)
- 1 1/2 T. honey
First wash cabbage. If using Chinese Cabbage, I remove the leaves and wash thoroughly. Then, I cut down the center of the vein and slice thinly into ribbon-like pieces. For a standard head of cabbage, I wash the outside, cut in half or quarters, and slice thinly. Break apart the sliced pieces of cabbage and put into a bowl. Add in chopped dill, cilantro, scallions, and radishes and mix.
Then, whisk the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss.
Delicious plain or on tacos.