Sometimes is hard to figure out how to eat a radish other than on a salad. For a little something different, give this one a try. Found originally from Food52.
- 1 c. cous cous (or quinoa)
- 1 ripe avocado (optional)
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced
- 5 T. olive oil
- 1 bunch radishes, or less if you prefer
- 3 scallions
- 2 handfuls of salad mix or arugula (would be delicious with thinly cut kale too!)
- dash of hot pepper (optional)
- salt & pepper, to taste
Cook cous cous or quinoa as directed. Let cool before combining with the remainder of the ingredients.
Next, make the dressing. Smash the avocado in a bowl. Add in lemon juice, a dash of hot pepper, salt, & pepper and mix. Add in the oil and stir. Throw in more salt and pepper if needed.
Cut radishes in slices or chunks, whichever you prefer. Slice up the scallions, being sure to use both the white and green portions.
Combine cous cous (or quinoa), radishes, and salad greens. Then, throw in the dressing and mix evenly. Enjoy!